Monday 4 March 2013

PokéJournal: Update 009

-Before I go to the next city, I think I should go home and get some money. Along the way I can train Growlithe and the other Pokémon in my party. I've also realized I defeated half the gym leaders and I still don't have the exp. share item. Don't you normally get that after the first or second gym? I'll explore the houses and talk to the people along the way home. At the same time I'll talk to trainers and have a second fight with the people who exchanged numbers with me. That way I'll make some extra money.

-So it turns out I need to get a Red Scale and bring it to Mr. Pokémon (the same guy who gave me the Togepi egg). In return he will give me the exp. share. That means I can't get it until I go to the Lake of Rage! That's like two gym leaders later! According to Bulbapedia, the only other way to get one is to win second prize at the radio tower in Goldenrod City.

-I've found some good items while travelling all over the map; rare candy, PP up, a nugget which I sold for 5,000! Thanks to HM surf I make some money, woot!

-I received Moon Balls from Kurt. I gave him black apricorns to make some Heavy Balls for me. I figure it could be of use later on.

-I found a big mushroom in Ilex Forest. I'm going to try and sell it!

-On the route towards Goldenrod City there is a patch of water to the west. I surfed south and found three Ace Trainers. They were good battles, I got some money and they have me Power Herb for beating them.

-Sweet! Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr!

-Yes, I found a Nugget on the same route! I love Surf; you get to find so many good items. By selling this Nugget I’ll be able to fill up my bag with Pokémon and potions and status healing items.

-Yeah, I caught a Tentacruel. It’s fun that I got the whole evolution family because I don’t have to evolve Tentacool to fill my Pokédex.

-There are Psyduck right outside Goldenrod City. I’m gonna catch me one of those!

-It's crazy how many water Pokémon you can catch once you're able to use Surf in the field. It's pretty sweet. Is it just me or is there a high percentage of Water type Pokémon? 

-I used the Dowsing Machine and I found another Nugget! Apparently there is gold all over Johto. Forget about catching Pokémon, let’s all get (virtual) rich!

-I sold the Big Mushroom for 2,500! Who buys a mushroom for so much? The Nuggets sold for 5,000 each. Anybody want to go out for supper? I’m stinkin’ rich.

-A friend told me that to get the Exp. Share I need a Red Scale from the Lake of Rage. The storyline wants you to head west but instead I’m going to head east towards the Lake of Rage because I want to get Exp. Share.

-Oo, Red Gyarados, so scary. So scary. Bring it on you shmoe! I send out Flaaffy (level 27) to fight the Red Gyarados who is at level 30. Flaaffy does Thunder Shock and one Thunder Wave before Gyarados defeats him with two Dragon Rage attacks. I send out Feraligatr. I use Crunch. Now that Gyarados is paralyzed and his HP is in the red, I’ll toss a Net Ball. It does the trick, the shiny Pokémon and, more importantly, the Red Scale, is mine!

-Oh look, some guy has a Dragonite. I’m going to ignore him and go to Mr. Pokémon’s house. I want that Exp. Share so badly!

-Yay, I got it! I got the Exp. Share! Mr. Pokémon said he got is from Professor Oak. Why didn’t Professor Oak give it to me? “Hey, Mario, I want you to go on a grand adventure and find and capture all the Pokémon on the continent. Oh, don’t forget to capture all the rare ones, ok? Ok, thanks. By the way, if you’re not going to need this super useful Exp. Share I’m just going to give it to this old guy who sits in his house all day.” Thanks jerks.
-I’m travelling to Olivine City. It’s so nice to use the Exp. Share. Growlithe is going to grow up so strong. There is a Moo Moo farm. I like this place. You can buy Moo Moo Milk which restores 100 HP. It’s better than the Super Potion but not as good as the Hyper Potion. It’s inexpensive and heals quite well without being wasteful (how often to you need to use a Hyper Potion, especially at this point in the game?). The Miltank at the Moo Moo farm is sick though, and they need Oran berries. Instead of growing some themselves I have to provide them. I’ll grow some but its take some time. I guess I’ll stop for today.

-Next time, to Olivine City and whatever may happen there.

Pokémon caught: Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Psyduck, Red Gyarados, Goldeen, Raticate, and Magnemite.
Pokémon traded: None.
Gym Leader defeated: None.
Fights with Craphat (Rival): None.
Evolutions: Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr. This guy is tough.
Pokémon in party: Feraligatr, Heracross, Sandshrew, Flaaffy, Pidgeotto, and Growlithe.
Highest level in party: Feraligatr, level 30.
Lowest level in party: Sandshrew, level 13.
Pokédex: 49.
Time played: 18:03. 

No comments:

Post a Comment